Okay so we’re all in lockdown and obsessively washing our hands… faces and doorknobs. Worse yet, because some of our fellow human beings decided to panic buy (toilet paper – I feel like that’s the one thing you can figure out) supplies are most definitely low in most shops. Worse yet, the amount of chemicals in everything that we are buying to keep us from getting the Coronavirus, well our chemical free skincare hearts are just crying about it (no, seriously). As well, our environmentally friendly hearts are a bit worried about the amount of plastic this pandemic is creating. None of those anti-bacterial wipes are biodegradable, those plastic gloves will live on long after this crisis has ended.
Here we’ve listed some simple recipes some of which include essential oils (it has to smell cute too!) and we’ve included percentage ratios, because it shouldn’t matter what size your spray bottle is!
Organic Hand Sanitiser - Good for 5 days
- 90% - Simple Solution/Rubbing Alcohol
- 10% - Aloe Vera (blend about one small-med leaf, skin off)
- After blending the aloe vera add the simple solution/rubbing alcohol and blend again
Antibacterial & Antiviral Spray
- 70% - Rubbing Alcohol/Simple Solution
- 30% - Apple Cider Vinegar
- 10 Drops - Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 10 Drops - Lavender Essential Oil
(Works with or without the essential oils 😉, we just like everything to smell nice)
Antibacterial & Antiviral Reusable Wipes
(fill the container about ¾ way otherwise it will spill over a bit)
- 75% - Rubbing Alcohol/Simple Solution
- 25% - Water
- 1 Teaspoon of Dishwashing Liquid
- 1 – Baby wipe container (washed and dried)
- 1 – White towel cut up into small square pieces (the same size as wipes so you can use the dispenser)
WHO WE ARE
We believe that it’s everyone’s responsibility to live a more sustainable life. All of us should reduce the amount of chemicals we use in our daily lives; then not only will we feel better… we’ll look it too! All of our products are blended by hand when you order, and we are passionate about getting water out of skincare because it isn’t necessary. Take a look at our products but most importantly take a look at our ingredients. If you’ve never used oils before check out our FAQ’s to see what some of our other users have asked about.
While you’re here take a look at some of our other blog posts: